Customers who bought this product also bought:
PowerBoost 500C is the perfect power supply for your portable project! With an integrated battery charging circuit, you can keep your project running even if you recharge the battery! This small DC / DC amplifier converter module can be powered by a 3.7V Lilon / LiPoly battery and convert the output of the battery into 5.2V DC to run your 5V projects.
As a 5V 1A USB wall-mounted adapter, we set the output to be 5.2V instead of 5.0V so that there is a bit of "fishing" for long cables and adding a diode to the output if you wish, etc. The 5.2V is secured for all 5V electronic devices such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi or Beagle Bone while preventing voltage drops during high current draw due to the resistance of the USB cable.
The PowerBoost 500C has a TPS61090 converter from TI. This converter has some really great advantages, such as low battery detection, a 2A internal switch, synchronous conversion, excellent efficiency and 700KHz high frequency operation.
- Synchronous operation means that you can completely disconnect the output by connecting the Enable pin to ground. This completely turns off the output
- The internal switch 2A (~ 2.5A peak) means that you can get 500mA + from a LiPoly / LiIon 3.7V battery. We had no problem creating 1000mA, just make sure your battery can handle it!
- The low battery indicator LED lights up red when the voltage drops below 3.2V, optimised for LiPo/LiIon battery operation
- iOS "data resistors at 500mA load at 500mA load. Welded into the USB connector and you can plug in any iPhone or iPod for a 500mA output. Avoid large iPads.
- Complete connectors for battery, control pins and power supply
- 90% + operational efficiency in most cases (see data sheet for efficiency graphs) and low standby current: 5 mA when turned on and the power LED lights up, 20uA when turned off (power and low wattage LEDs off)
To make it even more useful, we added a MicroLipo charger on the other side. The charger circuit is powered from a microUSB socket and recharges any LiIon or LiPoly 3.7V / 4.2V battery at a maximum flow rate of 500mA. There are two LEDs to monitor the charge rate, one yellow tells you that it is working, one green lights up when finished. You can charge and power at the same time without any interruption of the output, so that it can be used as a "UPS" (uninterruptible power supply) for a low-current power consumption device. Just know that the charge rate is 500 mA maximum, so if you consume more than ~ 300 mA continuously on the 5 V output side, the battery runs slowly because the charge rate is lower than the discharge rate.
It's great to power your robot, the Arduino project, a single on-board computer such as Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone! Each circuit is delivered with a fully assembled and tested PCB and a non-welded USB A socket.
Features & Features
- Dimensions: 22mm x 37mm x 2mm / 0.9 "x 1.5" x 0.08 "/ 0.9" x 1.5
- Height without JST: 7mm / 0.3 "/ 0.3"
- Weight: 4g
A minimalist USB charger for regearger easily your Lithium Ion batteries.7,20 € Add to cart
A voltage converter that will generate the 5V from a voltage higher than 1, 8V.11,94 € Add to cart
A Lithium Ion polymer battery15,00 € Add to cart
A USB DC solar charger to recharge your Lithium Ion batteries easily.21,00 € Add to cart