Adafruit GEMMA M0 - Miniature wearable electronic platform
Customers who bought this product also bought:
- Adafruit FLORA v3
- Driver of continuous motor - step - A - TB6612 1.2
- Adafruit Trinket 3V3
- Lithium Ion polymer - 3.7V 500mAh battery
- Battery Lithium Ion polymer - 3.7V 100mAh
- Miniature microphone Electret Prewired
- LDR - Photoresistor
- 4 X RGB Flora Smart Neopixel Version 2 - Adafruit
- Adafruit Micro-Lipo Charger for LiPo/LiIon Batt w/MicroUSB Jack - v1
Adafruit Gemma M0 is a super small microcontroller card, with just enough to create many simple projects. It may look small and cute: round, the size of a 50-cent coin, with alligator-clip sew-on pads. But make no mistake about it! The Gemma M0 is incredibly powerful! We took the same form factor we used for the original ATtiny85-based Gemma and upgraded it. The Gemma M0 has replaced the light ATtiny85 with an ATSAMD21E18 core.
The Gemma M0 will overload your clothes! It's just as small and easier to use, so you can do more.
The most exciting part of the Gemma M0 is that if you can use it with the Arduino IDE, but sold with CircuitPython base. When you plug it in, it will appear as a very small disk drive with.py hand on it. Edit main.py with your favorite text editor to build your project using Python, the most popular programming language. No installation, IDE or compiler is required, so you can use it on any computer, even ChromeBooks or computers on which you cannot install software. When you are finished, unplug the Gemma M0 and your code will execute.
Here are some of the features when using Gemma M0 :
- Same size, same shape factor and same pinout as Gemma classic.
- ATtiny85 AVR 8 bits update for ATSAMD21E18 Cortex 32 bits M0+ M0+.
- 256KB Flash - 8x more than 8 KB on ATtiny85
- 32 KB RAM - 64x more than 512 bytes on ATtiny85
- 32-bit processor 48 MHz - 6x faster than ATtiny85 (not even 32-bit acceleration)
- Native USB supported by all operating systems - can be used in Arduino or CircuitPython as USB serial console, Keyboard/Mouse HID, even a small disk drive to store Python scripts. (ATtiny85 has no native USB)
- Can be used with Arduino IDE or CircuitPython.
- Integrated RGB DotStar LED
- Three large sewing holes can be used for the lead wire or crocodile clips for rapid prototyping.
- Each I/O pad can be used for a 12-bit analog input or a digital input/output with pullups or pulldowns connected internally.
- We have given the M0 pads the same names as the original Gemma so that all your Arduino code works exactly the same way.
- True analog output on an I/O pad - can be used to play 10-bit quality audio clips.
- Two high-speed PWM outputs on two other I/O Pads - for servos, LEDs, etc.
- The three pads can also be used as hardware capacitive touch sensors without the need for any additional components.
- Can drive NeoPixels or DotStars on any spindle, with enough memory to drive over 8000 pixels. DMA-NeoPixel support on a pin so you can drive pixels without having to spend processor time.
- Native or serial I2C available on two pads so you can connect to any I2C or serial device with true hardware support (no annoying bit-banging).
- Reset switch to restart your project code.
- Integrated on/off switch
- JST battery connector for connecting an AAA or LiPoly battery (no integrated LiPoly charging for safe use with NiMH/Alkalines).
Each order is delivered with a Gemma M0 fully assembled and tested with CircuitPython & programmed code example.
So, what are you waiting for? Take a Gemma M0 today and be amazed how easy and fast it is to get started with Gemma and CircuitPython!
Dimensions: 27.95mm / 1.1" round x 6.4mm / 0.25" high
Documentation : Adafruit Gemma M0
The smaller version of the map Adafruit FLORA ATTiny85-based11,94 € Add to cart
An Arduino compatible card to achieve e-textiles made from ATMega32U4.18,00 € Add to cart
A small card compatible Arduino M0 dedicated to IoT with its Wifi ATSAMD21 connectivity.41,94 € Add to cart
A small card with an ATSAMD21 Cortex M0 Arduino-compatible23,94 € Add to cart
A Feather card for use with CircuitPython23,94 € Add to cart
A Metro card for use with CircuitPython29,94 € Add to cart