Customers who bought this product also bought:
- 5 X capacitor 100µF
- Adafruit WINC1500 WiFi Shield with PCB Antenna
- Motion PIR with settings
- 20 Male - female 150mm Premium dupont wires Kit
- Lithium Ion polymer - 3.7V 1200mAh battery
- PiTFT more capacitive touchscreen TFT 2.8 "320 x 240
- Arduino Leonardo with Headers
- Arduino Starter Kit - French Version
- Breadboard - 830 contacts
This shield is composed of a screen LCD 2 X 16 characters with white writing on a blue backlit. This type of lCD display requires a lot of pins to be used, that is why that MCP23017 circuit has been built on the shield to manage the LCD in i2C with only two pines of dialogue (SDA and SCL).
On this same i2C link, it is possible to control three pines for the RGB backlight and 5 push buttons for the user part, allowing a navigation and easy validation on the LCD menus.
This shield is scheduled for the classic Arduino Duemilanove, Uno, Diecimilla, etc, but it can also be mounted on an Arduino MEGA card as long as it has additional pins of the R3 standard. He uses pine A4 and A5.
This shield is sold as a kit and needs to be welded, but counted 30 minutes.
Doc and editing: RGB LCD Shield - Control a 16 x 2 Character LCD using 2 pins
Libririe Arduino: Adafruit-RGB-LCD-Shield-Library