Stereo 2.1W Class D Audio Amplifier - TPA2012
Customers who bought this product also bought:
This incredibly small stereo amplifier is amazingly powerful - capable of delivering 2 x 2.1 W 2-channel 2 x 2.1 W in 4 ohm impedance (@ 10% THD) speakers. Inside the miniature chip is a class D amplifier, capable of operating from 2.7V-5.5VDC. As the amplifier is class D, it's incredibly efficient (89% efficiency when driving an 8? to 1.5 Watt speaker) - making it perfect for portable and battery-powered projects. It incorporates thermal and overcurrent protection, but we can hardly say that it is hot. This board is a welcome upgrade to the LM386 basic amplifier!
The amplifier inputs are via capacitors of 1.0uF, so they are fully differential - if you don't have differential outputs, simply connect the R- and L- to ground. The outputs are "Bridge Tied" - i. e. they connect directly to the outputs, no ground connection. The output is a square wave ~300KHz PWM that is then "averaged" by the speaker coil - high frequencies are not heard. All this means that you can't connect the output to another amplifier, it must drive the speakers directly.
Supplied as a fully assembled and tested breakout card with 1.0uF input capacitors. We also include a dual mini DIP switch to adjust the amplifier gain on-the-fly, 3.5 mm screw terminals so you can easily attach/untie your speakers, and a connector in case you want to connect it to a breadboard. You'll be ready to rock in 15 minutes! Speakers are not included, use 4 or 8 ohm impedance speakers.
- Output power: 2.1W to 4?, 10% THD, 1.4W to 8?, 10% THD, with 5V power supply
- PSRR: 77 dB typ @ 217 Hz with 6 dB gain
- Designed for use without an output filter, when wires are less than 2"-4" long
- Four selectable gains per pin: 6dB, 12dB, 18dB and 24dB. Select with the DIP switches or by adjusting pins G0 and G1 (see circuit board diagram showing the gain pin settings for details)
- Excellent deletion of clicks and pops
- Thermal protection against emergency stop
- Independent channel stop
- Low power consumption: Typ 6mA in idle state and 1.5uA in off mode
- Dimensions (w/o header 0,1 po): 22,96 mm / 0,9 po x 28,33 mm / 1,11 po x 4,97 mm / 0,19 po
- Weight : 2.56g
Arduino shield pemettant playback of audio file.26,40 € Add to cart
A pair of stereo speakers USB powered 5V via a USB connector.11,94 € Add to cart
A small MAX98306 base amp to give power to your audio editing.10,74 € Add to cart
A breakout card allowing playback of the MP3 on microSD card.29,94 € Add to cart